Top 5 biggest tech companies in the world
Today technology have take all over the world, so we are going to take a survey on the top tech companies in the world.
Interesting Fact: The founder of the company – Steve Jobs – was actually fired in 1985, when he was 30 years old.
Apple popularly know as one of the fastest tech rising company in the world.
- Founded by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne on April 1, 1976.
- CEO: Tim Cook
- Employees: 123,000
- Headquarters: Cupertino, CA
- Market Cap: $875.3 billion AND GROWING
- Growth in last ten years: 770%
This company needs no explaining – just watch the Golden Globe-winning 2015 film “Steve Jobs” to get an inside look at the beginnings of this legendary tech giant. This company got its start back in the 70s when its three founders developed the first commercially successful line of personal computers – and eventually launched one of the most successful mobile phones of all time, the iPhone.
Interesting Fact: Amazon.com was almost named Cadabra.com, but it was changed when a lawyer misheard it as “cadaver.”
- Founded by Jeff Bezos on July 5, 1994
- Has Employees: 566,000
- Headquarters: Seattle, WA
- Market Cap: $719.1 billion AND GROWING
- Growth in last ten years: 2020%
Amazon.com is the largest online retailer worldwide today, and it got its start in a garage back in the mid-90s. Jeff Bezos had been the VP of a Wall Street firm before moving to Seattle to start an internet company after feeling like he missed the boat with the online boom. Since then, the company has exploded intogroceries, artificial intelligence, and many more innovative services that almost all of us use.
FACEBOOK ( FB)
Interesting Fact: Within just a month of forming, over half of the Harvard student population had already signed up for the platform.
Image source: obamawhitehouse
- Founded by Mark Zuckerberg, Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitzand Chris Hughes on February 4, 2004.
- CEO: Mark Zuckerberg
- Product: Social Network
- Employees: 25,105 AND GROWING
- Headquarters: Menlo Park, CA
- Market Cap: $520 billion AND GROWING
- Growth in last ten years: 483%
If you want to understand the beginnings of Facebook, which is one of the most widely-used social media platforms in human history, just watch the movie “The Social Network.” The film is all about the founding of this social network at Harvard University, which also includes depictions of the characters who eventually sued and won for the theft of their original social network idea.
Alphabet (GOOGLE )
Interesting Fact: While its two founders were grad students at Stanford, they already had a search project called BACKRUB that was hosted on the university’s servers for over a year.
Image source: commons.wikimedia.org
- Founded by: Larry Page and Sergey Brin on October 2, 2015
- CEO: Larry Page
- Product: Conglomerate (Google parent company)
- Employees: 72,053
- Headquarters: Mountain View, California
- Market Cap: $784.2 billion AND GROWING
- Growth in last ten years: 411%
The two co-founders of Googleeventually ended up founding Alphabet, Inc, and chose to launch a higher-up umbrella conglomerate to take some of the pressure off of Google – which was in control of a number of subsidiaries until they were passed up to the new parent company. The massive restructuring will certainly go down in corporate history.
Interesting Fact: Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) has executed nine stock splits since going public.
- CEO: Satya Nadella
- Product: Software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and services
- Founded by: Bill Gates & Paul Allen on April 4, 1975
- Employees: 124,000
- Headquarters: Redmond, Washington
- Market Cap: $ 724.2 billion AND GROWING
- YoY growth: 47%
- Growth in last ten years: 231%
Microsoft was founded back in the mid-70s in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It took about ten years until it completed its Initial Public Offering (IPO), which raised $61 million at the time – famously making Bill Gates super rich. Since then, this has been one of the most reliable tech investments, as we use its software and video games technology all over the world.